COVID-19 Action Plan: Updated 5/1/20
To Our Valued Westside Mechanical Customers,
Westside has been closely monitoring the developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). First and foremost, Safety is always our First Priority at Westside Mechanical -- it is part of our core values, and a shared value with our customers, vendors, and partners. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we have created a COVID-19 Action Plan.
The following is our COVID-19 Action Plan, which we are implementing effective March 16th, 2020 to protect both our customers and our employees. We will closely monitor the implementation of our plan, and continually check to ensure that it meets or exceeds all guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The COVID-19 Action Plan includes the following:
- We have asked any employee not feeling well, or any employee who has a family member that they are living with who is not feeling well, to stay at home and consult with their doctor. That employee will not be allowed to return to work unless we receive a note from the doctor approving the return.
- Those employees who can work from home are encouraged to do so through May 31st.
- While some of our team may be working remotely, from home, others not considered high risk as described by the CDC will be in place working within the office, at jobsites and performing service calls. We believe that these operations while providing a safer work environment for our team and yours.
- Our office will be open, and we will have a fully functioning staff available to service your needs.
- All office employees will have their temperature taken at the beginning of each day. If any have a temperature over 100 degrees, they are sent home.
- We are taking extra steps to clean surfaces within our office environment and our service vehicles, tools and equipment.
- With the exception of deliveries, no visitors will be allowed in our building at 2007 Corporate Lane in Naperville until further notice.
- All field workers, including service technicians, must have their temperature taken prior to leaving their homes for work. If they have a temperature at or over 100 degrees, they are required to stay at home and are not allowed to work without a doctor's approval to return.
- We have instituted a "No Handshake" policy and required all employees to remain 6' apart from other employees while at work.
We will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and do everything we can to protect you, our valued customer, and our wonderful employees.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and for working with Westside!
James Reiss, CEO
Westside Mechanical Group